Tuesday, May 12, 2009

1st Mother's Day

This past weekend I celebrated my first "official" mother's day. (I've celebrated in the past as a mother to a dog and an expectant mother). For the weekend, my dad, baby Scotty and I went to meet my mom at my sister's house in Sault Ste Marie. Scott stayed home to celebrate mother's day with his mom.
Saturday was a VERY laid back day. We mostly sat around. My sister had a wedding to go to and my parents went to watch the new Star Trek movie. It was nice to have absolutely nothing to do all day long. Scotty rarely gets rocked to sleep. When he was first born, that was the only way he would take a nap so I got to enjoy holding/loving on him quite a bit and we would frequently take naps together. (It was also a stressful time b/c he would always want to sleep with me in the same bed and I was scared of squishing him) Anyways, he actually let me hold him until he went to sleep so it was nice to be able to take a nap together like we did several months ago. =) I think that was my best Mother's day present.
Sunday, it was my mom's choice of where she wanted to eat for mother's day. She picked this random Chinese buffet. Kind of random, but I will never turn down a Chinese buffet. So that was how I celebrated my first mother's day.
And as always, some fun pictures...



1 comment:

  1. That sounds like it was a lovely Mother's Day Kristin!..being with your Mum and Dad plus your first born..Congrats on your first Mum's Day! Auntie Sylv

    ReplyDelete