Thursday, June 25, 2009

It's been a while

This past weekend we all packed up and headed to Traverse City (my mom met us there as well). Friday was a late night of driving but we had all day Saturday and Sunday to hang out. Saturday morning we got up bright and early to go to the farmers market...its Scott and my tradition. My wonderful hubby even bought me flowers.


Saturday evening we went to Boone's Long Lake Inn for a steak dinner where I was planning on having my celebratory cocktail for finishing my MBA on Thursday. I debated and debated, carefully examining the drink menu and finally decided on.......a shirley temple. Again, lame I know but thats just how it goes.

Sunday, we visited with my Aunt Shiela, Aunt Olive, and Uncle Kenny and celebrated Father's Day. Baby Scotty got his dad some new sandals, a picture frame, cologne, and a book on raising boys.

Monday thru Wednesday I went with my mom up to Sault Ste Marie to stay with my sister for a couple of days and the boys (Scott and my dad) went home to work. In the Soo we watched my niece and nephew, Amber and Kyle, and shuttled them to all of their summer camps and extra-curricular activities. We also went out one night to Applebee's for my a friend's birthday.

Grandma and baby Scotty at Applebee's.


Amber, Myself, and Kyle at Applebee's.
For the rest of the week I will be making my final preparations for graduation, which is this Saturday. My house needs to be cleaned, I need to go grocery shopping for food and such. Its just going to be a crazy couple of days. I picked up my cap/gown/hood today which is cool, except I'm an idiot and can't figure out how to wear the hood. Also on the agenda for this week is Scott and I have decided to combine our finances. Yes I know its been almost 2 years that we've been married, living together for 2 years but we just haven't done it. Its going to be quite an adjustment but a necessary one. Any-who I must be getting to my cleaning and such. I will post graduation/graduation party pictures soon. My plan is to go out on the night of graduation but I might be lame and stay home....again! I guess that's what happens when you get old and have a family. =)

1 comment: