Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Lost a friend

Lastnight a friend of mine passed away. =( Being as young as we are, you would think it was in an automobile accident or something like that. My friend just turned 23 two months ago. A month after turning 23 he was dianosed with stage 4 colon caner. Just last week he decided to let all of his friends know of his situation. I drove to Ann Arbor the next day to go visit him but because of his condition they were not allowing any visitors. The doctors/nurses said that it would take too long to stabalize him after the excitement of having visitors. I did however get to meet his father, which was nice.

Anyways, lastnight he passed away. Its simply crazy. I will probably be traveling over to the east side sometime in the near future to attend his funeral. Things like this really make you realize how important it is to stay in touch.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry :( that's so...unbelievable, isn't it? As kids, we never really think about death, beyond maybe the death of an older relative or a pet.

    Then something like this happens, and it hits you how fragile this whole life thing is.
    My childhood friend died last year, suddenly, no warning, and I was in shock/denial for a really long time...Like you said, it does make you realise the importance of keeping some hold on relationships you care about.

    Ahhh don't you go anywhere on me!
    xxxJenni

    ReplyDelete